In two years overall, you can earn two Master's degrees from two top schools on two continents, combining a proven record in diplomacy with business excellence. With just one application. Get access to two world-class networks in diplomacy and business with your degrees in Master in International Affairs and Governance (MIA) & Master in Law and Diplomacy (MALD).
- One application can open the door to two exclusive degrees
- Two locations, two cultures, two student bodies
- Complementary studies in international affairs from two internationally recognised institution
- Joint expertise in business, economics, political science, and law
- Great career services and professional development offers at both schools
- Preparation for high-level careers in the public, private and non-profit sectors
Our dual degree graduates are currently working across the public and private sectors, with banking and financial institutions, in consulting, in federal and state government, in international organisations, NGOs and diplomacy, as well as in academia. Employers include Credit Suisse, Zurich Insurance Group, the European Commission, the United Nations, Swiss Diplomacy, USAID, DCAF.
- Year one at The Fletcher School – Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy (MALD)
- Year two at the University of St.Gallen – Master of Arts in International Affairs and Governance (MIA)
- Thesis requirement
- Students have to meet the academic requirements for each degree programme
- Different tuition fees apply at Fletcher (year one U$ 45,240) and in St.Gallen (year two CHF 6,652), scholarship opportunities available
Pursuing this dual degree was an amazing experience. I met students from all over the world and had the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by truly committed and inspiring faculty and practitioners at two professional schools... In addition to an outstanding education, I have benefited from two impressive alumni networks which has helped my career in humanitarian assistance.
MIA & MALD 2013, USAID's Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), Washington, D.C.